The Donna Garff Marriott Honors Residential Scholars Community, opened the fall of 2012 and houses 309 Honors students, ranging from first-year students to seniors, in 161,000 square feet of apartment-style living. Featuring the finest amenities along with dedicated Honors College and Housing & Residential Education faculty and staff, the building's public "forums"' facilitate informal and formal dialogue.
Living in the Donna Garff Marriott Honors Residential Scholars Community provides direct contact with Honors faculty and staff and allows residents to engage with peers. The community created in this building allows students to engage in their college experience and live it 24/7. Living in a community that allows continuous engagement will build some of the strongest connections across the U of U campus.
The application for all Living Learning Communities can be found when you fill out the housing application in Housing U in CIS. Once you have filled out the application, you will receive confirmation of your acceptance to the community prior to selecting your room. More information about the specific communities and the application process can be found here.
Honors Residential Scholars Building Floor Plans
- Secure building access
- 24-hour central service desk and mail room
- Classrooms and faculty offices
- Honors market & convenience store
- Centralized laundry room
- Honors library
- Conference and seminar rooms
- Private study room
- Pool table and television lounge
- Music practice room
- Ski wax room
- Residential courtyard, including lawn space and event area
- Cable TV with HBO package
- High speed Internet connection
- Indoor bicycle storage
- Short walk to a University shuttle stop & TRAX light rail station
- Cleaning of common areas (Kitchen, Bathrooms, Living Room) of apartments twice monthly
Classrooms space is available to University students for studying when not in use. Reservations may be made for this space as well; see the MHC Front Desk webpage for more information.
MHC Front Desk and Mailroom
The MHC Front Desk is located in the lobby on the first floor; it's across from the Honors Market. There is staff available 24 hours a day to provide assistance and answer questions.
Contact information:Phone: 801-587-8444
Desk email: email@example.com
Mailroom email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about the services provided at the front desk here.
- Located in immediate proximity to TRAX light rail station
- LEED Gold certified
- Meets the State of Utah Higher Performance Building Standard
- Energy performance is 30% better than building code requirements
- Green Demonstration room
This address is for location purposes only. If you wish to send or receive mail, please use your Marriott Honors Community mailbox number.
250 South Mario Cappechi Drive, YOUR Mailbox number
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
Building & Apartment Photos
- Building & Apartment Renderings
- 8-person apartments, single & double room; 4-person apartments, single & double room floor plans [PDF]