AIMHO Annual Conference 2019
“Share the Journey”
November 19-21, 2019
Salt Lake City, Utah
Lodging is available at a discounted rate at the conference site hotel, the Marriott Salt Lake Downtown City Creek. Group rates are available for the following nights: November 16, 2019- November 23, 2019. Room rates start at $165 per night plus taxes and fees. Book your lodging using the link below to take advantage of the group rate. *Note: Discounted rate is available until October 27, 2019 at midnight.
Getting to and from Salt Lake is as easy as 1, 2, 3! From the North, South, East or West, our regionally-centered metropolitan hub is here for you!
- Fly into the Salt Lake City International Airport. From there you can either travel by light rail train, or cab/ride share service into Salt Lake City.
- For the light rail train you will follow signs at the airport to the UTA TRAX station where you will board the green line train. You will then take the green line for 7 stops and get off at Temple Square Station, which is roughly a 20 minute train ride. From there the hotel is a brisk 2-3 minute walk.
- If coming from the North, follow I-15 Southbound to Salt Lake City.
- If coming from the South, follow I-15 Northbound to Salt Lake City.
- If coming from the East, follow I-80 Westbound to Salt Lake City.
- If coming from the West, follow I-80 Eastbound to Salt Lake City.
- Trax is the public transit lght rail system utilized by Salt Lake City, and the entire Utah Valley! With multiple different lines and convenient schedules, its very easy to navigate to explore the city or to go to or from the airport, the hotel and conference center, or the University of Utah!
Downtown Salt Lake City has a ton to offer! Check out some of our favorites below! Our host hotel and conference center is centrally located within the Downtown area and “Free Fare Zone” on local public transit to make getting around and exploring Salt Lake City a breeze!
- City Creek Center: Salt Lake City’s premier shopping mall. Located immediately outside of the conference hotel.
- The Gateway: Shopping and entertainment center. Located at 400 West and 200 South.
- Harmons Neighborhood Grocer: Upscale grocery store. Located at State Street at 100 South.
- City Creek Center Food Court: A wide selection of eateries ranging from fast food, to snacks, to fine dining.
- Red Rock Brewing Co: Local brewery serving American Fare.
- Red Iguana: Salt Lake’s favorite Mexican restaurant. Featured on Dinners Drive-in, and Dives.
- Spitz: Mediterranean restaurant
- J Dawgs: Delicious fresh grilled hot dogs.
- Natural History Museum of Utah: Come for the dinosaurs, stay for the scenic views of the Salt Lake Valley. Located adjacent to the University of Utah’s campus.
- Utah Museum of Fine Arts: Take in the more than 17,000 pieces representing various cultures. Located on the University of Utah’s campus.
- Temple Square: The global center for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Located at the center of downtown Salt Lake City.
- Utah State Capital Building: The governmental center for the state of Utah, overlooking Salt Lake City. Provides one of the best views of the city. Located at State Street and 300 North.
- The Gateway: Catch a movie at the Megaplex Theater, play games at Dave & Busters, or visit the planetarium for an out of this world experience! Located at 400 West and 200 South.
- Vivint Smart Home Arena: Home of the Utah Jazz basketball team. Located at South Temple and 400 West.
- Eccles Theater: The central hub of the Salt Lake City theatre scene. See touring Broadway shows, or take in a local production. Located at Main Street and 100 South.
- Quarters Arcade Bar: Arcade bar.
- Keys on Main: Piano bar.
- Lake Effect: Upscale cocktail bar with live music.
- Beer Hive Pub: Craft beer and pub food.
- Bourbon House: Speakeasy style cocktail bar.
- Beer Bar: Craft brews and food.
The University of Utah is proud to host the 2019 Annual AIMHO Conference!
Though there may not be time to visit the institution during the short conference , the U has a rich and dynamic history and we wanted to share it with you. Feel free to explore our website to learn more about the University of Utah and Housing and Residential Education!