PArking Lot Closures: June 21-July 10, 2021
Several parking lots within Housing areas in Heritage Commons will undergo regular maintenance June 21-July 10, 2021. The following lots will be closed for up to three days:
- Shoreline Lot (Lot 74)
- Bath House Lot (Lot 76)
- Officers Club Lot (Lot 77)
- Gateway Heights Lot (Lot 79)
- East Sage Point Lot (Lot 80)
- Benchmark Lot (Lot 82)
- Sage Point (Lot 87)
Alternate parking lots during closures can be found on Commuter Services website.
HRE OFfice open to walk-in guests - 6/1/2021
The HRE Office is now open to in-person visitors Monday-Friday between 8 a.m.-5 p.m. We are also open and available to answer your questions during business hours via phone and email at 801-587-2002 and firstname.lastname@example.org. If you should need immediate assistance after hours, please call your area’s information desk or email your Resident Director.
Campus Face Covering update - 5/20/2021
In response to a law passed by the Utah Legislature, the University of Utah has adjusted the policy on campus to comply with the law regarding face coverings. Beginning Monday, May 24, HRE residents and staff members will no longer be required to wear a face covering on campus. That said, mask wearing continues to be an effective means of preventing infection for both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals.
While face coverings are no longer being mandated on our campus and in your communities, HRE will still abide by industry-specific CDC protocols throughout the summer semester to ensure the health and wellbeing of our community members. These include the following:
- Continued disinfecting of high-traffic touch points in common areas.
- On-campus COVID-19 testing for all students, staff, and faculty.
- On-campus COVID-19 vaccination clinics. We strongly encourage all residents who are able to receive the COVID-19 vaccine to do so. To schedule, you can also call the U’s vaccination hotline at 801-213-2874 (and press option 2) for assistance in finding and scheduling a vaccination appointment.
- Quarantine and isolate students who test positive for COVID-19 or come in close contact with someone who has tested positive. If you have symptoms or have tested positive for COVID-19, please report this to HRE so that we can provide support to you and those you have been in contact with.
To learn more about how HRE is responding to COVID-19 and current coronavirus-related updates, please visit housing.utah.edu/coronavirus.
HRE Statement of support - March 17
Housing & Residential Education stands in solidarity with our Asian and Pacific Islander students, staff, and community members. The increase in racially motivated violence and hate crimes targeted towards this community is alarming and against everything HRE values. If you are in need of support today or any day, HRE is here for you.
Cultivating equity and inclusion for all identities is critical to ensuring safety and security for everyone. We must all take action to stop the hate in our communities on campus, in our broader communities, and across our country. Hate has no home here.