Construction Project Information as of 1/17/2020:
This project will begin in Chapel Glen 802 on Tuesday, January 21. Additional updates will be posted on a regularly basis.
At the beginning of the fall semester, we notified you about updates we planned to make to housing areas throughout the year to continue to improve housing area safety and security. One of those updates is the addition of access doors in the first-floor of your building. That project will take place over the course of the spring semester.
What it includes:
- Addition of new doors and card readers on the first floor of each building. This will include the construction of new walls and door frames in the first floor of the building.
- UCard readers will be replaced and updated to a new system on all entry doors, doors in stairwells, and new access doors. There will be no lag in security as card readers are updated. Card readers will operate on a new tap-in system. Signs will be posted as your card readers are updated—UCards will continue to allow you access to your building as normal.
Impact to residents:
- Crew members and personnel will be present in residential buildings to complete this work.
- Please pardon our dust as we construct new walls and door frames as necessary.
- When card readers are updated residents will now “tap” your UCard to enter instead of swiping.
- No individual rooms will be accessed.
- Residents will receive an additional email notice 1-2 weeks before work begins in a building.
- When we begin work in a building, work will take about 2 weeks to complete.
- Work will occur Monday—Friday between 8:00am—5:00pm.
Resident Satisfaction Survey 10/14/19-11/18/19:
We want to hear from you! Check your UMail and take the Resident Satisfaction Survey. All students who complete the survey can enter to win cool prizes including an Apple Watch, headphones, and more! Contact the HRE office with more questions at 801-587-2002.
Construction Project Information as of 8/20/2019:
Housing & Residential Education is committed to resident safety. Our maintenance team is undergoing projects to improve residential buildings. The following projects will be be completed:
- Installation of new doors in Officers Circle houses to maintain historic elements but include updated locks and glass
- Installation of security cameras at entry points of Officer Circle houses
- Installation of additional swipe-access doors to residential communities to add a second layer of resistance
Signage will be posted when work begins on a building. To learn more about safety and security updates please visit the safety page of our website.