We have broken down the timeline by Agreement period and between new students and current students.
2019-20 Academic Year
All Students: Housing Applications for the 2019-2020 Academic Year will open on February 9, 2019
To apply for housing:
- Log-in to Housing U via CIS
- Click on the Application Tab
- Select the 2019-2020 Academic Year Application
Important Dates for First Year Prospective residents, current residents & U students, and transfer students:
*A more detailed timeline will be shared in the coming months.
- February 9: 2019-20 Housing Application Opens
- March 10: Living Learning Community Priority Deadline *earlier deadlines may apply for some LLC/TC options
- March: Deadline to submit a medical/disability accommodation request for both current and newly admitted students (see: http://housing.utah.edu/housing-options/disability-accomodations/)
- End of March: LLC Room Reservations
- April 1: Priority Housing Application Deadline
- April: Room Reservations
- April 25* : General Housing wait list begins as necessary (Tentative) *could begin earlier
- August 15: Fall Move In Day
Living Learning and Theme Community Timeline
Some of our LLCs require an additional application; for more information, visit our Living Learning and Theme Community page to learn more about these communities and what special application information is required (as applicable). Please be aware that some Living Learning Community and Theme Communities (Marriott Honors Community, Officers Circle Honors House, and Lassonde Studios) begin accepting applications as early as October and are due earlier. For all other Living Learning and Theme Communities, the deadline is March 10, 2019.
Please be aware that some Living Learning Communities and Theme Communities (including Honors and Lassonde) run a wait list that is separate from the General Housing wait list.
|End of March||
Students with a Scholarship
Students who have a scholarship that goes towards some or all of their housing (Scholars) may have additional deadlines to be aware of.
More information coming soon. As a reference, below are the 2018-2019 scholarship dates. The information for 2019-20 will be posted here in the coming weeks.
- March 10: Deadline to complete Section 1 of the Housing Application.
- March 23: Students with Scholarships will be notified if they were or were not admitted to LLC’s.
- March 26: Scholars must let HRE know if they are no longer interested in the LLC .
- March 27-29: LLC Scholars reserve spaces that are LLC’s only.
- April 2-8: All other Scholars reserve their spaces (*non LLC Scholars).
2019 Spring Only
November 1, 2018: The application process for Spring 2019 will open November 1 at 8AM. There are a variety of spaces available, so please call our office if you have any questions about the application process.
On-campus housing will be available for Summer 2019. To be eligible to live on campus over Summer 2019, you must be taking at least one (1) credit hour or be able to demonstrate that you are affiliated with a University of Utah Internship or Research Project.