Break-time Housing is for housing between academic periods. There are three different Break Housing periods:
|May Break||Between spring closing and summer move-in|
|August Break||Between summer closing and fall move-in|
|Winter Break||Between fall closing and spring move-in|
Students are eligible for Break Housing if they were HRE residents and for the upcoming academic semester, they have a reserved space.
May Break 2020
Students with both Academic Year 2019-2020 and a Summer 2020 housing contracts are eligible to participate in May Break Housing for an additional fee. More information and application instructions will be updated here soon!
The following buildings are closed during Winter Break
The following buildings are open during Winter Break
Guest House Information
- Spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Students are encouraged to call the Guest House as soon as possible.
- Students do not need to stay in the Guest House for the full break and can choose only the dates they need housing.
- Students are eligible for a special student rate:
- $90/night for a single room with a king sized bed
- $90/night for a double room with queen sized beds (students are welcome to share this room and split the cost)
- **Note: These rates are only valid for students
- Housekeeping service will enter the space to remove trash daily, but changes will be limited to once a week. Students can request towels and other amenities from the Guest House front desk.
- For more information and to make a reservation, call the University Guest House directly at 801-587-1000
August Break 2020
Students with both Summer 2020 and Academic Year 2020-2021 housing contracts are eligible to participate in August Break Housing for an additional fee. More information and application instructions will be updated here soon!
Winter Break 2020: December 19, 2019-January 8, 2021
Students living in communities that close who wish to stay on campus during the winter break period (December 19, 2019-January 8, 2021) must check out of their spaces on December 19 by 2 p.m. Residents may reserve rooms in the University Guest House. Students will reserve rooms directly through the University Guest House and do not need to apply through HRE. Students can move back into their spaces at 9 a.m. on January 8, 2021.