Housing and meal plan charges can be paid in the same place you pay for tuition. This means that all payments will go through University Income Accounting & Student Loan Services. If students need to spread out their payments, there are a few payment plans for students to choose from, or they can choose to pay the full semester cost by the due date.
How much does it cost to live on campus? Housing costs vary by room type. Some room types are required to have a meal plan while others are not.
Use our Rate Estimator tool to estimate your cost of housing & meal plan for the 2019-2020 academic year:
Rates & Dates Sheets
Click on an academic term below to view rates for all room types:
Your Housing Account
For your convenience, tuition and housing fees are combined into one area. You will be able to see the full detail of what is being charged. Please see University Income Accounting’s website for more information.
Charges from HRE will be due on the same date that tuition is due. If you wish, you may setup a 4 or 5 month payment plans to spread out the costs.
U OF U PAYMENT PLAN
YOU MAY NOW PAY YOUR TUITION AND HOUSING BILL IN MONTHLY INSTALLMENTS WITH THE U OF U PAYMENT PLAN
What are the benefits?
- Pay your bill in easy monthly installments, rather than in one lump sum at once
- No-hassle withdrawals are automatically deducted each month from your designated domestic checking or savings account, or charged to a credit card
- Calculate the amount you wish to have in your payment plan. Your own monthly payment amount and timeframe with the payment estimator tool
- Pay all tuition and mandatory fees, and room and board charges, billed to your U of U student account
- More information about payment plans can be found on University Income Accounting’s website
How does it work?
The U of U works with a secure third party provide, Nelnet, who will withdraw the monthly amount from your designated domestic checking or savings account, or charge your credit card, the same day each month. Because you manage your plan, you can choose your method of payment, and the payment plan.
Please see the payment schedule below if you choose to pay monthly.
|Number of Payments||Enrollment Deadline||Payment Withdrawn from Bank Account (Approximate Date)|
|5||June 1 through July 14||Monthly on the 22nd, for July, August, September, October, and November|
|4||July 15 through August 30||Monthly on the 22nd for September, October, and November (Plus a down of one fourth of the total amount paid at enrollment)|
Payment plan enrollment is fast and simple. To enroll:
- Use the payment estimator tool to estimate your monthly tuition payments. You can use the rate information on the Housing & Residential Education rates page to add to the plan your estimated HRE charges. You do not have to create a payment plan for the full amount. You can make a payment on your account and create a plan for the remainder, as long as your account is paid in full by the due date or you are signed up for a payment plan for the difference.
- If you are a student, you must login to your CIS account.
- From the main menu, click on Tuition Bill/Pay. Follow the payment plan links and instructions in order to input your domestic banking account information, or bank information.
What else is changing with the new payment system?
WAYS TO PAY YOUR BILL
Residents can pay for their charges on their tuition account in the following ways:
- Credit/Debit: Visa/Mastercard, Discover, and American Express
- E-Check (connected to your banking account)
- Flywire (for international students)
- Cashier’s Office, located in the Student Services Building, Room 165
Financial Aid Transfer
Residents who have financial aid and scholarships over and above the cost of their tuition and fees will have the remaining aid automatically applied to their housing and meal plan bill. Residents will no longer need to request this separately or in Housing U. Any remaining credit, after all tuition and housing charges are paid will be refunded back to the student.
Default on a payment plan will result in the cancellation of the plan and the balance immediately due. A registration hold will also be placed on the student’s account, and a late fee will be assessed.
Housing U Payments
The Housing Application and Reservation Fees will still be paid through Housing U as they occur during the Housing Application and Room Reservation processes. Visit the Housing & Residential Education office during business hours (Monday–Friday 8:00am-5:00pm).
Family Members Providing Financial Support
“I’m the one paying their bill, why can’t you tell me their account total?”
This is a common question we receive from parents/guardians. We greatly appreciate your involvement and support of your student living on campus.
The housing contract is with the student and thereby the cost of housing is their responsibility. If a student has passed that responsibility on to another party, whether explicitly or inherently, then the student needs to take responsibility for releasing any information as well.
The university has a process for students to identify individuals that they would like to have access to certain pieces of information in the student’s record. Within Housing & Residential Education, students can use this online waiver form to release financial information.
Student directions: If you would like to HRE and Income Accounting to discuss your financial information with your parent/guardian so they can pay towards your account, please log in to the Campus Information Services page and select the link “FERPA RELEASE CONSENT” in the Finance section on the right-hand side.
After the release form loads
- Check Housing & Residential Education and Income Accounting as an area of release.
- Create a PIN (which the person you are selecting to release information to will need to know when they call the office).
- Designate the individual(s) who you would like to release information to.