Sometimes when you are scrolling through TikTok at 1 in the morning, you see something absolutely delicious and tell yourself, "I could totally make that!" Well, I finally decided to actually make one of the infamous TikTok recipes. I used a quick and easy recipe from the TikTok user @belspies to make homemade garlic knots in my Benchmark Plaza kitchen. Read below to learn about how I did it.
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 package Trader Joe's pizza dough
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons graded parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put aluminum foil or cooking grease on a cookie sheet.
- Peel one clove of garlic and put in oven safe dish with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Roast in the oven for approximately 10 minutes, or until soft and golden.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, oregano, parsley, salt and graded parmesan until combined.
- Take the freshly roasted garlic and crush or cut into smaller bits. Then, mix into butter mixture.
- Take the pizza dough and cut into even strands about 1/2 inch wide and 8-12 inches long. Fold the strands into a knot or pretzel shape.
- Drizzle butter mixture onto knots generously.
- Place knots on a cookie sheet in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Garlic knots should rise to nearly double their size with a light fluffy quality.
*The TikTok which can be found here calls to preheat the oven to 400 degrees but my oven runs hot, and I found 350 degrees to be just as effective.
After making these awesome garlic knots, I am excited to keep making @belspies great dishes. She posts many recipes, both sweet and savory, but is most well known for her pies. If you try any of her recipes, let us know by sharing on your social media and tagging @uofuhousing.