The University of Utah is actively monitoring the worldwide spread of the respiratory illness COVID-19. The University’s COVID-19 webpage is being updated regularly, and we encourage you to check it frequently for important updates. University of Utah Health also has a helpful webpage with FAQs, practical tips about how to protect yourself from COVID-19, and more.
Fall 2020 Impacts
It will take everyone, working together, to support a safer community this fall. Adhering to updated policies and guidelines is a responsibility of all residents to ensure the health and well-being of our overall community. Please review the following updates and information regarding living on campus in the era of COVID-19.
- University policy requires face coverings to be worn in all common areas on campus. For on-campus residents, this means that face coverings should be worn in indoor areas outside of rooms/apartments. Face coverings are not required outdoors where 6ft physical distance is possible.
- Cloth face coverings should be laundered after each use. See the CDC’s guidelines for washing and drying your face covering:
Guest Policy Updates
- Glass cleaner
- All-purpose cleaner and disinfectant
Cleaning Checklist In Your Room
HRE custodial team members will clean common areas and high traffic areas of campus. All residents should regularly clean their own bedroom and/or bathroom areas:
- Wear reusable or disposable gloves for routine cleaning and disinfection.
- Clean surfaces using soap and water, then use disinfectant. Cleaning with soap and water reduces number of germs, dirt and impurities on the surface. Disinfecting kills germs on the surfaces.
- Practice routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces such as tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, sinks, etc.