Living @ The U
WE ARE SO GLAD YOU’RE HERE!
While you’re living at the U, we want your experience to be something you remember long after you graduate. In order to do this, we offer a multitude of opportunities to help you thrive while you’re living in your residence hall or apartment.
Residential Learning Model (RLM)
When thinking about life on campus, you might be asking yourself what’s in it for you. We in Housing & Residential Education are creating a place where we hope you will be able to experience the following:
- A Culture of Belonging – We want you to feel a strong sense of connection to the University of Utah, to have friends within the on-campus community, and to know that you matter to us.
- Collegiate Success – Earning a degree prepares residents to make a lifetime of meaningful impact. However, deeply engaged learning cannot be done alone; it is something that blossoms when done in community. Residents on campus connect with other community members to strengthen their academic interests.
- Personal Development – Going away to college and living on campus will be a fantastic challenge, and through that challenge, you will grow as a person. Our staff and our activities are designated to help you find your greatest sense of well-being, not just in college, but far beyond it.
So join in. Go to an event. Talk with your RA. Participate in RHA. Meet your Resident Director. Take full advantage of Living at the U! Want to learn even more? Check out our Housing Viewbooks below!
FALL CLOSING/WINTER BREAK:
Please note the following hours of operation for area info desks:
- Kahlert Village: Open 24/7, every day.
- PHC: 7 a.m. — midnight beginning November 25. Closed on holidays. Our mailroom will have limited hours from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- MHC: Closed December 12 — January 13, 2021.
- Lassonde: Open 24/7. Closed on holidays.
INFORMATION & SERVICE DESKS
The Information & Service desks are the hub of the community. The staff will answer your questions -- whatever they might be, guide you to resources, help you in case you ever get locked out, and connect you to the on-call staff. There are three Information & Service Desks. All of the Information and Service desks are open 24-hours during the academic year* and are staffed with professional personnel during overnight hours from 11 p.m. - 7 a.m. *Note: There are alternate hours during the summer depending upon the activities of the building.
PLEASE NOTE: Front desk services are currently limited to essential services due to COVID-19. See updated front desk hours below.
|Front Desk||Fall 2020 Schedule||Phone Number|
|Peterson Heritage Center||Open 24 hours||801-587-2000|
|Marriott Honors Community||Open 24 hours||801-587-8444|
|Lassonde Studios||Open 24 hours||801-213-8700|
|Kahlert Village||Open 24 hours||801-585-1264|