Welcome to the Peterson Heritage Center (PHC). Our front desk is located on the main floor of the PHC. We are open 24 hours a day**, 365 days a year for your convenience! Our desk staff can help answer your questions, provide directions, and check out resources for you. While at the PHC, you can eat in our dining room, utilize many of our meeting spaces (upon request), and hang out in our lounge or study areas.
** Hours are reduced during holidays and summer.
Keys and Access Cards
Loaner keys—locked your key in your room?
We have you covered. You can check out a loaner key for 30 minutes (free). If you need a loaner key longer than 30 minutes you can check out a loner key for up to seven days ($10). If you still can’t find your key, we will change your locks ($60) so your room is secure.
Missing U card? Our front desk staff can help.
We have temporary access cards for you to borrow. You can use them for 30 minutes free of charge. If you need to keep the temporary access card for longer than 30 minutes you can check out the temporary access card for up to seven days. A $ 10.00 fee will be charged to your account for temp cards out longer than 30 minutes.
If you would like to check out any of the below items stop by the front desk. You will need to bring your Ucard with you.
- Red Carts and Dollies—makes moving your things or bringing large packages up to your room easy and convenient.
- Vacuums—Dirty room? Art project gone wrong? We have vacuums for you so you can clean up the mess before your roommate comes back.
- Games—We have an assortment of games that you can check out.
- Apples to apples
- And more
- Test prep books– Let us help you prepare for your test, we have the following test prep books available:
- Cleaning buckets—We have an assortment of cleaning supplies that you can check out.
- Music room—We have two sound proof music room that can be reserved at the front desk. Each music room is equipped with a piano, music stand, mirror, and chair. Music rooms can be reserved for up to an hour per use free of charge.
- Dance room—Our dance room is equipped with a sound system, warm up bar, and mirrors. The dance room can be reserved at the front desk.
- Sports equipment—We have a variety of outdoor recreation equipment available for check out, including, basketballs, soccer balls, slack line, etc.
- Lounge at the PHC—Hang in our lounge area where we have 2 pool tables, foosball, and shuffleboard. lounge recreation equipment can be reserved at the front desk for up to an hour.
- Questions in general—about bus schedules, where your classes are, or getting a mailbox? Our front desk staff can help you with that too!
Lost or damaged items
Any items that are not returned to the desk or are returned damaged are subject to a replacement fee. The damage fees are listed below:
- Cart — $200
- Dolly — $90
- Vacuum — $100
- Cleaning supplies bucket — $10
- Pool table equipment — $50
- Foosball table equipment — $50
- Sport equipment — $20
- Board game — $20
- Test prep book — $20
PHC Front Desk: 801-587-2000
Front Desk Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mailroom Email: email@example.com
The Peterson Heritage Center is located at 151 Connor Road, Salt Lake City, UT 84112