It’s never too early to consider what your housing plans are for 2018-2019! Whether this is your first year or third year living on campus, beginning fall 2018, HRE will consider you an upper-class student when you return to campus. The HRE housing options for upper-class students will change beginning fall 2018, and we encourage you to browse options available to you listed below.
For Application Timeline information for current, returning, and transfer students, click here.
The first 450 current U of U Housing residents to apply to live on campus for the 2018-2019 Academic Year will receive a free custom U of U Throwback Beanie! Application opens February 10th! To claim your beanie, stop by the HRE Main Office and let us know that you’ve applied. *Beanies will be given out on a first-come first-served basis while supplies last*
Information on Room Designations for 2018-2019 (November 3, 2017):
Benchmark Plaza: will be open to First Year Students
Shoreline Ridge: will be open to First Year students and limited for Upper-Class students
Downtown 1 and 2: will be open to Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors
Cedar Court: will be open to Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors, and Transfer Students (Sophomores and Transfer Students have priority)
400 South Option: will be an option for upper-class students, more details to be announced in February 2018 *pending*
Lassonde Studios, Marriott Honors Community and Officers Circle: There will continue to be a combination of First Year and Upper-Class students in these residential communities
Resources & Events:
HRE is aware of the impact future changes could have on upper-class students. For that reason, we are offering a variety of events in which current students who live on campus can start to consider various options and learn what steps can be taken now to inform their housing plan for Fall 2018.
- Students Tell All, Living Off Campus Panel: January 18, 6-7pm (PHC 1B)
- Roommate Social Event: January 18, 7-8pm (PHC 1A)
- How to Find Your First Apartment Workshop: January 24, 6-7pm (PHC 1B)
- Find Your Next Home, Housing Fair: January 26, 10am-3pm (PHC 1A/1B)
- Roommate Social Event: January 26, 12-1pm (Seminar 1)
- Financial Aid Scholarship Workshop: February 5, 1-3pm (MLIB, Room 1160)
- Financial Aid Scholarship Workshop: February 6, 5:30-7:30pm (MLIB, Room 1735)
- HRE Upper-Class Housing Tours: Monday, February 26: 6-8pm (Sign up at the top of this page!)
- Off-Campus Housing Fair: February 27, 11am-2pm (Union Lobby)
- HRE Upper-Class Housing Tours: Thursday, March 8: 6-8pm (Sign up at the top of this page!)
- Roommate Social: November 14
- Housing Scholarship Q+A: November 20
- Scholarship Workshop (Organized by Scholarships & Financial Aid): November 29, 9:00-10:00am in MLIB 1735
- Scholarship Workshop (Organized by Scholarships & Financial Aid): December 13, 9:00-10:00am in MLIB 1160
- Students are also encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) prior to February 1, 2018 Financial Aid Priority Date. Students that meet the priority date are considered for all aid options, including need-based scholarships and grants. For more information, visit the University Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
- As current on-campus housing residents begin to think about resources available to them whether they live on or off campus, students are encouraged to consider the possibility of working with a Student Success Advocate. Particularly if a student has found support and advocacy through Housing and Residential Education’s staff (Resident Advisor, Social Justice Advocate, RHA student leader, etc.), finding support through a Student Success Advocate whether your home is on or off campus, will be a great way to continue receiving the support and advocacy necessary to a student’s success.