Home Sweet Home
After you finish unpacking and settle in, you can start enjoying life on campus! Find information about move-in weekend, meal plans, and more here! Don't forget to follow us on social media (@uofuhousing) to stay up to date on the latest happenings in HRE, cool tips & tricks from our student leaders, and for opportunities to win prizes!
Move-in Weekend Events
Move-In Weekend Events below are TBD. Format, dates, times, and locations may change to promote the health and well-being of the community.
Looking for something to do? Below, you'll find a a list of happenings for HRE residents to kick off the semester! Check out all Weeks of Welcome events on campus hosted by Orientation & Transition open to all students here.
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday: August 18, 19 & 20 — Move In!
- Community Meetings (Mandatory) | Time TBD — Specific times and locations will be posted within your communities and attendance will be taken. Led by your Resident Advisor, you’ll connect with your neighbors, learn policies, and set sail towards thriving.
- Kick-Off Tailgate | Time TBD — You and your family are the guests of honor. Swing by the Peterson Heritage Center or Kahlert Village Dining Rooms or dig into summer favorites outside on the grill, courtesy of Dining Services.
- Move-in Movie Screening | 9 p.m. — Join us at dusk for a fun-packed film screening. The film will be shown at the Huntsman Center. Shuttles will be provided. Popcorn and refreshments provided. Hosted by the Residence Hall Association (RHA).
Friday, August 21 – Continue the Fun!
- Neighborhood Night | 7 to 10 p.m. — Join the Residence Hall Association both behind the Peterson Heritage Center and at Kahlert Village for food, games, inflatables, and more! Have a great kick-off to the year at this residential block party.
Saturday, August 22 – Continue the Fun!
- Virtual New Student Welcome with President Watkins (Mandatory) | 10:30 a.m. — Join us while we welcome you to the U! Hosted by the Office of Orientation & Transition.
- Club PHC | 9 p.m. — Hang out and enjoy the night with your new friends as we turn the Peterson Heritage Center into a dance hall! Hosted by the Social Justice Advocates.
Dining On Campus
Changing Your Meal Plan: You may change your meal plan once during the beginning of the semester. Changes must be made by Friday, August 28 at 5 p.m. You may change your meal plan by completing the request form on our dining page.
For the most up-to-date hours for dining in your area, please visit Dining Services.
Early July: Assigned move-in day and times sent to UMAil.
July 20: Last day to order optional services and request an early arrival time
August 3: Students able to view room and meal plan bill online with tuition bill
August 18, 19 & 20: Fall Move In
August 24: First day of fall semester classes
September 4: Fall Tuition & Housing charges due