Spring Move-In for new residents begins Friday, January 7, at 9 a.m.
Needing to move-in earlier? Students who will be arriving to campus early should do so only after being approved through our office. The earliest you can move in is January 6. The last day to request an early arrival is December 29, 2021 by 5 PM. Students participating in early arrival will be charged $40.
New Residents: Check-in Instructions
- You may check-in from 9 a.m.-11 p.m., beginning January 7.
- At your selected time, proceed directly to your area's desk location with your UCard or a photo ID ready.
- At the front desk, you may check out a moving cart to help you load/unload items into your room. Please limit your move-in guests to necessary helpers.
Note: Parking lots around residential areas on Move-In Day will be free on January 7. Large vehicles, including trailers, are not permitted in our lots. Parking lots will be enforced beginning on Monday, January 10.
- If you lived on-campus for fall 2021, your card will be reactivated January 7 at 9 a.m. You may move back directly into your room and do not need to check-in at your area front desk. As a reminder, you should not turn in your room key when you depart for winter break.
- Based on public health guidance, COVID-19 tests may be required at the start of your semester. If needed, instructions will be shared in late December.
|Benchmark Plaza, Chapel Glen, Downtown Commons, Gateway Heights, Officers Circle, Sage Point, Shoreline Ridge||Peterson Heritage Center Front Desk||151 Connor Road, Salt Lake City, UT 84112|
|Block 44||Block 44 Leasing Office (limited hours)||380 S 400 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84111|
|Kahlert Village||Kahlert Village Front Desk||265 South 1850 East SLC, UT 84112|
|Lassonde Studios||Lassonde Studios Front Desk||1701 Student Life Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84112|
|Marriott Honors Community||Marriott Honors Community Front Desk||250 South Mario Cappechi Drive, SLC, UT 84112|
2021-2022 Move-In Guides
We can't wait to welcome U home! We highly encourage you to refer to these as you're preparing to move on campus, as well as while you're getting settled. Move-In Guides each contain tailored information for your area about the residential experience, including front desk resources, info about mail & packages, how to connect your devices to wifi, submitting a maintenance request, parking information, where to dine on campus, information about residential policies, and COVID-19 updates and expectations!
December 29: Last day to request Early Arrival*
January 6: Early Arrival* for spring ($40/day)
January 7: Spring Move-In Day
January 21: Spring semester charges due
April 19: End of Spring Semester Plans form due
May 7: Residence Halls & Apartments close at 2 p.m.
May 7-13: May Break Housing ($240)
*must be a part of a University-affiliated group or program.