COVID-19 TEsting Info
Mandatory COVID-19 Testing
All residents will receive a COVID-19 test before receiving a key to move-in to their room. COVID-19 testing will be integrated into the move-in day process and will be at no additional cost. Testing will occur on campus at your assigned move-in time. Arrival information and directions will be provided via email in early August. If you requested an early move-in date, we will be following up with additional details. Friends/family members who are assisting residents with moving in will not be tested.
All residents must complete the Testing Consent Form that is now available in the Housing U portal to receive a test. The deadline to complete the Testing Consent Form is July 28 at 11:59 p.m. Mountain Time. All residents must complete the Testing Consent Form prior to arriving to campus. Access the form under the 'Housing Forms' tab inside your Housing U portal.
move-in testing center
All move-in COVID-19 testing will take place at the Officers Club, located at 150 Fort Douglas Blvd, Salt Lake City, UT 84113. A map with driving instructions can be found below. All residents will proceed to the Officers Club for testing and key pick-up first, regardless of the community or area you live in.
type & method of test
The test method being used is similar to ones used throughout the country. The person taking the test will use one swab to swab inside your nose and then use another swab for your throat. Then the swabs will be combined and the test run. The test uses a method called nucleic acid amplification, which detects the nucleic acid (RNA) of the virus.
preparing for your test
- Complete the online COVID-19 Consent Form in your Housing U account.
- Come prepared with: a photo ID, your cell phone, a face covering, and ensure you know your University Student ID number.
- Arrive at the Officers Club testing center (map above!) at your assigned arrival time.
- Upon arrival, remain in your vehicle until an HRE staff member notifies you to enter.
- Only the student will enter the testing center. Student should wear a face covering at all times.
- Follow instructions while in the testing center and proceed to the check-in table to pick up your key after your test is complete.
- Be prepared to isolate until receiving your test results. See more below.
test results & notification
Residents should be prepared to isolate and limit their exposure to others until receiving test results. After moving in and until receipt of test results, residents should remain in their rooms other than when they are picking up meals from the dining facility.
Resident test results will be prioritized as much as possible. We expect results will be available within 1-4 days after testing.
- Positive Result: If the test result is positive, residents will receive a phone call on their cell phone. If there is no cell phone, they will receive an email through their UMail account.
Negative Result: If the test result is negative, students will receive an email through their UMail account.
To learn more about how HRE handles positive COVID-19 test results, please click here to visit our COVID-19 web page.
Early July: Assigned move-in day and times sent to UMail
July 20: Last day to order optional services and request early arrival time
August 3: Students able to view room and meal plan bill online with tuition bill
August 18-23: Fall Move In
August 24: First day of fall semester classes
September 4: Fall Tuition and Housing charges due