Do you remember your first day at college? The nerves, the excitement, the energy? Here at the University of Utah, many of our students’ first day will be moving on to campus. We want to make that day the very best experience possible and kick their year off right! Help us achieve that goal by signing up as a UCrew volunteer! As a volunteer, you are essential to the move-in process as you help students get situated in their home away from home. Potential tasks include unloading cars, moving items, directing traffic, and providing refreshments.
Move-In Day: August 16, 2018
Volunteer Shifts: 8 AM – 12 PM or 12 PM – 4 PM
TRAINING: Wednesday, August 15th at 4 PM in PHC 2A/2B.
What you get:
• If you are a housing resident, you will be able to move-in early (with no added cost) on August 15th, UCREW for students is open to First Year students, Upper Class Students, and Graduate Students! If you’re a student, you can help!
• Free meal
• Move In Day t-shirt
• A chance to hang out and get a pic with Swoop!
• If you are affiliated with a university department, student group, or invited company, if your department or student group has the following participation- here is what you can expect:
- 75% participation rate: A free room rental at the Peterson Heritage Center
- 75% participation rate: Email blast promoting your campus event/initiative to our residents
- 75% participation rate: Pizza anyone? After volunteering with us, we’ll invite you back later in the Fall Semester for pizza and an opportunity to share feedback with us about how we can continue making this experience awesome for partners like you!
- 50% participation rate: HRE will promote your campus event/initiative on our website. Your group’s event will be featured as a rotating banner for two whole weeks!
- All student groups who have at least 50% participation will be entered in a drawing! The winning group will have lunch with President Watkins!
The sign up form is now closed, but if you would still like to sign up or have questions about UCREW, contact Abi Kennedy.