University Guest House Move-In
Fall Move-In for the University Guest House (UGH) Communities will begin on August 22 at 12 p.m.
We are unable to accommodate requests for earlier arrival to your UGH room. You may reach out directly to the Guest House to see if they have rooms available at the University rate prior to August 22 or explore alternate hospitality accommodations. If you opt to arrive early, you are welcome to attend any housing programming held during that time.
- Prior to arrival, all residents and applicable guest should do a personal wellness check. If you or anyone in your move-in party is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or are feel sick, please do not come to campus.
- Residents should proceed directly to the University Guest House and may check in at any time after 12 p.m. on August 22. Check-in will not be at the hotel front desk - please follow the signage at the Guest House to check-in at the appropriate location.
- Parking: You may use the Guest House parking lot for two hours to unload items. If you are keeping a car on campus, you must purchase a parking permit and can park your car in the Chapel Glen parking lot.
- COVID-19 Test: All residents must complete a COVID test at the start of the semester. You must sign-up for a testing time during the week of August 23.
- UCard Pickup: You can pick-up your campus UCard beginning Monday, August 23 at 8 a.m. in the Union UCard Office.
- Move-in Guests: Please only bring individuals necessary to support your move-in. Our campus is face-covering friendly.
Living at the Guest house
- Each room will have two queen beds, two desks, two dressers, one shared closet and one TV. The furniture is fixed and should not be rearranged or moved in order to avoid damages.
- Queen sheets can be provided at check-in if requested at check-in. Please bring your own comforter/blanket, pillow(s), and towel(s).
- Typical hotel room items such as toilet paper and shampoo/conditioner will not be replenished so please plan for those items accordingly.
- Taping or mounting items on the wall is prohibited.
- 24/7 quiet hours are expected at all times.
If your roommate has their profile public, you can view their info and connect with them in your Housing U application.
If you are keeping a car on campus, you will need to purchase a HU permit. After your purchase, you can park in the Chapel Glen lot across the street.
The campus shuttle system has a shuttle stop in front of the Guest House that can take you around campus. The Guest House is also located next to Legacy Bridge, which can connect you to campus and TRAX options.
Mail can be sent and picked up from the Peterson Heritage Center. Please use the following address format to send your mail/packages:
First & Last Name
151 South Connor Road
Unit (Insert Your Room #)
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
A meeting room has been converted to a study space and can be found on the basement level of the Guest House.
Free laundry will be available on-site in a designated laundry room.
Bike storage will be available in Chapel Glen 802, however, you must sign-up via your Housing U application.
July 20: Last day to make changes in Housing U/Request optional services
July 22: Deadline to request an Early Arrival* for fall
August 13-16: Early Arrival* for fall ($40/day)
August 17-19: Fall Move-In Week
August 23: First day of fall semester classes!
September 3: Fall semester charges due
*must be a part of a University-affiliated group or program.