Spring 2022 Closing
Staying on Campus for Summer 2022? If you wish to remain on campus during May break and have a summer housing reservation, please opt in for Break Housing by completing the End of Semester Plans form in Housing U. The form will be available beginning April 1 and the deadline is April 22. If you have questions about May Break Housing sign-ups after this deadline, please contact our office.
Please Note: All Spring 2022 residents are required to fill out the End of Semester Plans form in Housing U by 11:59 p.m. on April 22.
Before you move out of your room, it is important to follow the steps below to ensure you have properly checked out:
- Clean your space and remove all belongings. This is VERY important to avoid damage charges.
- If you rented a fridge or microwave from HRE, clean and defrost those items. Instructions on returning them will be shared in April 2022.
- Complete your move-out envelope and turn in your key to the front desk drop box in your area. If you do not turn in your key by May 7 at 2 p.m., you will be charged a $60 lock change and a $100 improper checkout fee. As soon as you turn in your key, you will no longer have access to your space.
Note: Late checkouts will incur an improper checkout fee plus a $10 late fee every hour.
|Block 44||Check out by dropping off your building fob (small black key), your mail key, and parking access fob at the Peterson Heritage Center.|
|Downtown Commons||Turn your room and mailbox key in at the Peterson Heritage Center.|
Moving Out Resources
- Cleaning supplies, including all-purpose cleaners and vacuums, are available at all of our front desks for check-out.
- Dollies and red carts are available to check-out for one-hour periods but supplies are limited.
Our official storage provider, Dorm Room Movers, can help you with your stuff this summer so you can focus on what really matters, college!
This is how easy it is: They send you boxes and tape. You pack - that’s it. Their movers will pick up your items, store them while you’re away, and deliver everything back to you when you return! Dorm Room Movers can also ship boxes home or wherever you need them.
Register now and join over 60,000 students that have made life easier for themselves and their parents by leaving storage & shipping to Dorm Room Movers!
No stress because:
- They send you boxes and tape to pack.
- Picked-up and delivered by professional movers.
- $100 coverage per box or unboxed item.
- Climate-protected storage and 24/7 security.
- BBB A+ accredited.