SUmmer 2021 Closing
All residence halls will close on August 7 at 2 p.m. Your move out should be completed within 24 hours of your last final exam.
Staying on Campus for fall? If you wish to remain on campus during August break and have a fall housing reservation, please opt-in for Break Housing by completing the End of Semester Plans form in Housing U. The form will be available beginning April 1 and the deadline is April 21. If you have questions about May Break Housing sign-ups after this deadline, please contact our office.
Please Note: All summer 2021 residents are required to fill out the End of Semester Plans form in Housing U by 11:59 p.m. on July 19.
Before you move out of your room, it is important to follow the steps below to ensure you have properly checked out:
- Clean your space and remove all belongings. This is VERY important to avoid damage charges.
- If you rented a fridge or microwave from HRE, please clean and defrost them before returning them to your area front desk.
- Return your key and check-out at the front desk in your area. If you do not turn in your key and vacate your space by August 7 at 2 p.m., you will be charged for a lock change and a $100 improper checkout fee. As soon as you turn in your key, you will no longer have access to your space. If you no longer have your room key, you must still check out at your front desk. Note: Late checkouts will incur an improper checkout fee plus a $10 late fee every hour.
|Block 44||If you live in Block 44, check out by dropping off your building fob (small black key), your mail key, and parking access fob to the Leasing Office during their office hours.|
|Downtown Commons||Turn your room and mailbox key in at the Peterson Heritage Center.|
Moving Out Resources
- Cleaning supplies, including all-purpose cleaners and vacuums, are available at all of our front desks for check-out.
- Dollies and red carts are available to check out for one-hour periods but supplies are limited.