Do you remember your first day at college? The nerves, the excitement, the energy? Here at the University of Utah, many of our students’ first day will be moving on to campus. We want to make that day the very best experience possible and kick their year off right! Help us achieve that goal by signing up as a UCREW volunteer! As a volunteer, you are essential to the move-in process as you help students get situated in their home away from home. Potential tasks include unloading cars, moving items, directing traffic, and providing refreshments.
Move-in Day is August 20, 2020. More information on signing up for UCREW 2020 is coming soon!
What you get:
• If you are a housing resident, you will be able to move-in early (with no added cost) on August 19, UCREW for students is open to first-year, upper-class, and graduate students! If you're a student, you can help!
• Free meal
• Move-in Day t-shirt
• A chance to hang out and get a pic with Swoop!
Move-in is on Thursday, August 20, 2020 from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. There will be multiple UCREW volunteer shift options. You can choose from three shifts, whatever best fits your schedule. Shift times will be posted here soon!
- If you are a housing resident, you will be able to move-in early (with no added cost) on August 19, UCREW for students is open to first year, upper-class and graduate students! If you are a student or community member you can help as well!
- Two Free meals
- Move-in Day t-shirt
- A chance to hang out and get a pic with Swoop!
- Complete mandatory training. Training details and sign ups will be posted here soon
- Work at least one shift on Thursday, August 20.
- have fun!
- You can move-in beginning on Wednesday, August 19, 2020 at 9 a.m. There will be carts available to you as you move in. Early arrival instructions will be sent to you in early August with your check-in location.
- You will check in at a tent on upper or lower campus, depending on where you are volunteering. You will find out the exact location during training. The volunteer tent opens at 7:30 a.m.
- All volunteers must check in at least 10 minutes prior to shift at their assigned check-in location.
- Welcome new students and their families!
- The majority of our UCREW volunteers will assist in loading, moving, and unloading carts to help students move their belongings to their rooms. Volunteers will move students' belongings from their cars to the carts and then to their room!
- If you would like to help but cannot carry items, let us know when you apply.
- Volunteers should only carry what they can personally handle.
- You will wear the UCREW t-shirt provided to you by Housing & Residential Education so students and families can recognize you. You cannot personalize your volunteer shirt.
- We recommend volunteers wear pants/shorts, comfortable shoes, sunblock, hat, and glasses. Water will be provided but reusable water bottles are encouraged.
- We recommend all personal valuables should be left in your room. We cannot provide a secure location to store volunteer belongings and are not responsible for theft or lost items.
- Volunteers do not need to be familiar with campus resources. However, volunteers are typically the first people students, parents, families, and guests meet when coming to campus. UCREW volunteers assist appropriately and in a positive manner. Parents, families, students, and guests will have a wide variety of questions. During training, all volunteers receive a “Frequently Asked Questions” handout to assist in helping volunteers answer these questions. If volunteers need support, full-time professionals are located throughout campus to help answer questions, as well.
- Volunteers are prohibited from accepting tips or donations of any kind.
If you have any questions about applying, training, or move-in, contact Housing & Residential Education at 801-587-2002 or firstname.lastname@example.org