Do you remember your first day at college? The nerves, the excitement, the energy? Here at the University of Utah, many of our students’ first day will be moving on to campus. We want to make that day the very best experience possible and kick their year off right! Help us achieve that goal by signing up as a UCREW volunteer! As a volunteer, you are essential to the move-in process as you help students get situated in their home away from home. Potential tasks include unloading cars, moving items, directing traffic, and providing refreshments.
Move-in Day will occur over multiple days this year: August 18, 19, and 20. To sign up, click the link below!
2020 UCREW sign up is now closed. Thanks for your interest!
What you get:
- If you are a housing resident, you will be able to move in early (with no added cost)
- UCREW volunteers will be able to choose to Aug 13, 14,15. Moving in early allows for possible test results to be received prior to volunteering on move in days
- UCREW for students is open to first-year, upper-class, and graduate students! If you're a student, you can help!
- Move-in Day t-shirt
To support social distancing, this year Move-in Day will take place over 3 days: August 18, 19, and 20. There will be multiple UCREW volunteer shift options throughout these days. More information will be provided soon about shift schedules and options for volunteers.
HRE is continuing to monitor the evolving COVID-19 situation. The safety of our students, staff, and UCREW volunteers continue to be our top priority. We will provide updates and information about sanitization, physical distancing, and task updates at the end of June.
- If you are a housing resident, you will be able to move-in early (with no added cost)
- UCREW for students is open to first year, upper-class and graduate students! If you are a student or community member you can help as well!
- Move-in Day t-shirt
- Complete a virtual training. Training details and sign-ups will be sent out mid-July.
- Work at least one shift during the move in days.
- Have fun!
- You can move-in beginning at 9am on Aug 13, 14, or 15. You will need to schedule a specific time to arrive for move in. There will be carts available to you as you move in. Early arrival instructions will be sent to you in early August with your check-in location.
- You will find out the exact location start of August. The volunteer tent opens at 7:30 a.m. (NEW).
- All volunteers must check in at least 10 minutes prior to shift at their assigned check-in location
UCREW tasks will look a little different this year in order to support social distancing and the health and well-being of students and volunteers. More information will be shared here soon!
- You will wear the UCREW t-shirt provided to you by Housing & Residential Education so students and families can recognize you. You cannot personalize your volunteer shirt.
- We recommend volunteers wear pants/shorts, comfortable shoes, sunblock, hat, and glasses. Water will be provided but reusable water bottles are encouraged.
- We recommend all personal valuables should be left in your room. We cannot provide a secure location to store volunteer belongings and are not responsible for theft or lost items.
- Volunteers do not need to be familiar with campus resources. However, volunteers are typically the first people students, parents, families, and guests meet when coming to campus. UCREW volunteers assist appropriately and in a positive manner. Parents, families, students, and guests will have a wide variety of questions. During training, all volunteers receive a “Frequently Asked Questions” handout to assist in helping volunteers answer these questions. If volunteers need support, full-time professionals are located throughout campus to help answer questions, as well.
- Volunteers are prohibited from accepting tips or donations of any kind.